Just Short, the creators of the cocktails at Upper Union will be taking over the bar on Sat, 27 August
Just Short, founders of Rosebank’s award-winning Sin Tax bar, and the creators of the cocktails at Upper Union will be taking over the bar on Saturday 27 August 2023 from 19h00. Julian Short, winner of the Diageo World Class SA finals, and his team of mixologists will be slinging, stirring and shaking six special edition cocktails conceptualised for the evening.
“The bar has become such a central part of our restaurant,” says Amori Burger, Executive Chef. “We’ve always collaborated closely with the team to create one-of-a-kind cocktails that really work with our food and flavours. We’re really excited about the take-over and what the team have put together.”
“Our six cocktails for the evening are playful and provocative,” explains Alex Fahrenheim of Just Short. “They’re all limited edition, and Amori will have a recommended small plate pairing for each.”
The cocktails are:
- Lady Guava: a cheeky mix of tequila, charred guava and Sauvignon Blanc.
- Mother-In-Law: a spicy blend of Scotch, papaya, turmeric, passion fruit and chilli.
- Clarified Melon and Coconut Negroni: Gin, Campari, Fino Sherry and coconut.
- Mar-Tea-Ni: gin, shaken and stirred with a secret tea concoction and Port.
- Home Alone: Irish Whiskey, pineapple, mint, orange and Lager.
- Eagle Eye Cherry: “Save Tonight” with Rum, sugar cone, cider, citrus and bitters.
Located within a heritage building in the bustling and eclectic Kloof Street Neighbourhood, Upper Union is a stylish eatery serving up a modern, shared-dining concept in the Mother City. As MORE Family Collection’s first foray into restaurants, Upper Union sees the renowned hospitality group offering something new for the creative and the curious. An opportunity to escape, indulge and connect all around good food, fine wines and bespoke cocktails. An experience to be shared.